1204, Walter von Wellenberg first mentioned in a document.
1259, castle burned down by people from Zürich.
1338 to 1370, property of the family von Spiegelberg.
From 1385 on, property of the families von Strass, von Hohenlandenberg and Mötteli von Rappenstein.
1517, renovation of the castle by Mötteli von Rappenstein.
From 1537, property of the family von Ulm of Ravensburg.
1669, castle bought by Johannes Escher for the city of Zürich.
From 1815, object for speculation.
Since 1900, private property of the family Schenkel.
2002, building put under the protection of the Swiss Confederation.
2013, the attic floor was restored and the armory installed.
History of the Wellenberg Castle